I wanted to do a seasonal craft and since Easter is right around the corner, I choose to make an Easter Bunny Mason Jar.
Here is how to do it:
- Mason Jar
- Paint (I chose acrylic craft paint)
- Wax Paper
- Painter’s Tape
- Hot Glue
- Stick two layers of painter’s tape on the wax paper. This is how you make your own sticker. Two layers are much more durable than just one layer. I used extra wide painter’s tape. The size will depend upon the size of the bunny you want on your mason jar.
- Draw your bunny with the marker on the painter’s tape. Then cut it out and carefully peel off the wax paper.
- Stick it where you want the clear spot of the bunny on your mason jar. Make sure you press it on well enough. Also take care that your glass is clean before you put it on so it adheres better.
- Paint your mason jar with the color of your choice. I used Robin’s Egg Blue acrylic craft paint. I had to do three layers of paint to cover the glass well. If you do that let your glass dry well between coats.
- Carefully peel off your bunny sticker. It doesn’t matter if it’s not perfect, if you use the jewels around the edges of the bunny like I did. This doesn’t only look good, but will hide imperfections.
- Use your hot glue gun and glue on small sized jewels around the edges of your bunny. Then use larger ones for the rim of the lid.
- Finally use ribbon of your choice and tie it around the top of the jar.
If you use the same paint that I used, it will only be able to be wiped down the outside carefully with a damp cloth for cleaning. If you want more durable solutions use paint specially made for glass.
It’s your turn
Show me your versions of the bunny mason jar.