I always loved cherry blossoms. It’s signaling spring time and warmer weather. This Paper Cherry Blossoms arrangement will look good anywhere.
Here is how to make it:
- Crepe Paper Ribbon (Pink, White, Light Green, Dark Green)
- Wire – Thick for the branches
- Wire – Thin for the Flowers
- Hot Glue
- Wire cutters
- Clear Tape
- Cut thin wires about 2 inches long and glue a bead to one end.
2. Cut two rectangles off the white ribbon and two off the pink ribbon. Then layer them and cut out your blossoms. Layer the two white ones on the bottom, then the two pink ones at the top and poke a hole with a skewer. Finally stick a few of the beaded wires you did in the first step through the center and fix with some clear tape.
3. Fix the centers of the Paper Cherry Blossoms with a dab of hot glue.
4. Take your Thick wire and cut it about 10 inches long. Then tape your flowers to the wire.
5. Cut a strip of the dark green ribbon, fix the end with craft glue and wrap around the entire thick wire.
You can take pre-made flower centers and use those vs making your own, which saves quite a bit of time. Make sure the tape adheres well when you tape the blossoms to the thick wire. The last step can be a bit tricky, but if you cut the ribbon in about thirds lengthwise and use shorter strips you should have less of an issue with the wrapping.
It’s your turn:
Show me your creations. What were your challenges in making your own version of the Paper Cherry Blossoms?